Before we start the recipe for today, I wanted to thank you all so much for all the sweet likes and comments that you have left here. Little chefs apron just got 1000 likes and all the credit goes to anyone who is reading this! Thank you everyone!🙃🙃🙃
Welcome to Little Chef’s Apron! Today we’ll make something that is one of my favourites. It is a part of Italian cuisine and is really tasty. I’ll also be telling about the blanching process that is most suitable for pasta making.
2-3 red tomatoes
2 cups cold ice water
A pan filled with water
- First, remove the top part of the tomato and make a slit on it with a knife on the opposite side.
- Then place the pan with water on the stove . Once the water starts to boil, add the tomatoes with the slit side facing down.
- Let them cook for 2 minutes on high flame and immediately transfer them to ice cold water. This would help to retain that bright red colour.
- Then, let them rest for 5 minutes in the water. Remove the skin if the tomatoes with the help of the slit made earlier. If you want you can remove the seeds or you may keep them. It’s all up to you.
- Then, purée the tomatoes in a blender jar and make sure that there are no chunks left.
Sauce preparation and assembly:
1 packet boiled spaghetti ( in water and a tsp of oil )
5-6 minced garlic cloves
A tsp of seasonings of your choice
1 green chilli chopped
2 tbsp salted butter
A coriander leaf soaked in cold water
Any fruit/vegetable for plating.
- First, add butter to a pan and let it to melt . Then, fry the green chilli and garlic with this.
- Then add the tomato purée in this. Within no time, you would see the colour change if you have blanched the tomatoes properly.
- Then, add in the seasonings. Here I am using, basil,oregano,salt,pepper and pasta seasoning.
- Then stir it well. You have to cook it till the butter surfaces out. Once that is done it is a sign that the sauce is cooked perfectly.
- If you want you can add a little bit of pasta sauce and soy sauce but it’s completely optional.
- Transfer the spaghetti to a serving bowl and the the sauce over it. Here for decorating, I have cut out a piece of cucumber as a flower. Also put a leaf of coriander in top. Keeping it in cold water, makes sure that it looks very fresh.
- I hope you liked this recipe and do let me know in the comments for any doubts,improvements or suggestions.